I should call these Instant Pot® Baked Beans - Bacon Beans, because they are made with a ton of bacon. Oh my gosh, they are good. Sweet, spicy, and EASY. I will admit that I usually just open a can of baked beans and call it dinner, but these are easy enough to make that I should not do that any more. The recipe makes a ton, so make it tonight and freeze half for a meal in the future.
The recipe starts by frying the bacon in the Instant Pot®. Once it is crispy, add the remaining ingredients and use the pressure cooker to finish the work. Traditional baked beans take hours to make. If you use soaked beans, you can make these in about 35 minutes.
Quick and Easy Baked Beans
10 ounces bacon, chopped (about 10 slices)
1 tablespoon bacon fat
1 medium onion, chopped
1 pound soaked great northern or pinto beans
1/4 cup ketchup
1/4 cup dark brown sugar
1/4 cup molasses
1/4 cup cider vinegar
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 cups water
1. Soak 1 pound of great northern or pinto beans in 8 cups of water overnight. Drain and set aside.
2. Saute the bacon using the Instant Pot® until crisp, about 10 minutes. Place bacon on paper towels to drain. Drain bacon fat, reserving 1 tablespoon.
2. Add onions to bacon fat and saute for about 1 minute, or until onions start to soften. Add in the reserved beans
3. Mix together the ketchup, brown sugar, molasses, and vinegar. Add in the seasoning and pour over beans. Add 2 cups of water. Cook on manual - high pressure for 35 minutes. When finished, let pressure come down naturally for 10 minutes, then quick vent the rest of the pressure.
4. Once the Instant Pot® is safe to open, set to saute and cook for 12 minutes, allowing the sauce to thicken. Serve with your favorite barbecue dinner. Freeze any leftovers.
Hi, I am Julie and welcome to Instantly Delicious. I am so glad you are here to share in my adventures with using an Instant Pot ® to make easy, nutritious, and Instantly Delicious food.
Any/all of the links on instantlydelicious.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.