Have you met the Instant Pot Duo Mini 7-in-1 Multi-Use Programmable Pressure Cooker? It is a 3-quart powerhouse pressure cooker that makes the perfect appliance for small families, camping and vacation, or even as a second Instant Pot® for your kitchen.Instant Pot® is giving away one of these cuties to one lucky reader. They are also offering a generous 10% off coupon code to all of my readers. If you apply the code: INSTANTLYDELISH17 at checkout, you will save $10.00 on your order.
I know a lot of people have two large Instant Pots® working side-by-side in their kitchens. Unfortunately, I do not have room for this sort of setup in my small kitchen. However, I could definitely add the Instant Pot Mini Duo and store it when not in use. The Duo Mini would be perfect for making the caramelized onions needed for the Summer Quiche with Zucchini and Caramelized Onions.
Summer Quiche with Zucchini and Caramelized Onions
1 pie crust (homemade or store bought)
1/2 tablespoon olive oil
2 small zucchini, chopped into 1/2" pieces
4 ounces mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup caramelized onions
3/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 teaspoons fresh thyme (or 1/2 teaspoon dried)
4 eggs, beaten
1 cup whole milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
1/2 cup shredded cheddar
1. Prepare dough ahead of time - roll into a disc, place in pie pan, crimp edges, and freeze for 15 minutes.
2. Preparecaramelized onions in Instant Pot®.
4. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
3. Set Instant Pot® to saute, add olive oil and heat until shimmering. Saute the zucchini and mushrooms until they begin to soften. Allow to cool slightly.
4. Whisk together eggs, milk, cream. Stir in cheese and seasonings.
5. Add the sauteed vegetables to the chilled crust. Cover evenly with prepared caramelized onions. Pour custard over the top of the vegetables.
6. Place quiche on a rimmed baking sheet and place in the preheated oven for 15 mins. Reduce temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 45 minutes, or until the quiche is set in the center. Cool for at least 15 minutes before slicing and serving.
CONTEST OPEN TO US RESIDENTS AND CANADA
Hi, I am Julie and welcome to Instantly Delicious. I am so glad you are here to share in my adventures with using an Instant Pot ® to make easy, nutritious, and Instantly Delicious food.
Any/all of the links on instantlydelicious.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.