Barbecue Chicken in the middle of winter? Using the Instant Pot ® to take a frozen block of chicken to delicious goodness in 20 minutes? Amazing.
I live in the Midwest and two days into February, I am finished with winter. One way for me to get through this funk is to have a summery dinner. Easy Instant Pot® Barbecue Chicken Thighs recipe is fast, easy, and with a baked potato, baked beans, and some buttered corn, it makes it seem like warm summer days are not too far away.
Easy Instant Pot® Barbecue Chicken Thighs
1 teaspoon olive oil
2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken thighs (fresh or frozen)
1 medium onion, sliced
1 cup BBQ sauce
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup honey
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon cumin
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon onion powder
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon smoked paprika
pinch of chili flakes
1. Set the Instant Pot ® to saute and add the oil. Let it heat until the oil shimmers, and then add the chicken, fresh or frozen to the oil. Brown for 3 minutes on each side.
2. While the chicken is browning, combine the remaining ingredients in a small bowl.
3. Scatter the onion around the chicken and cover with sauce.
4. Set the Instant Pot ® to manual - high pressure. Adjust the time to 20 minutes for frozen or 10 minutes for fresh, making sure the pot is in sealing mode.
5. Meanwhile, line a sheet pan with foil and set broiler to high. When chicken is finished, switch the steam release handle to venting. Allow the pressure to release and then take off lid. Carefully remove the chicken with tongs (it will be falling apart) and place on the lined pan, under the broiler, for 3 mins per side.
6. While chicken is browning, switch the pot mode to saute to reduce and thicken the sauce. Pour the thickened sauce over the chicken when it has finished browning.
Hi, I am Julie and welcome to Instantly Delicious. I am so glad you are here to share in my adventures with using an Instant Pot ® to make easy, nutritious, and Instantly Delicious food.
Any/all of the links on instantlydelicious.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.