I used to have a blog called 10slate. It was entirely based on the concept of 10 ways, 10 things, 10 reasons, etc. It was fun while it lasted and reminiscing inspired me to go back to my blogging roots for the day. Here are 10 Reasons Why I Love My Instant Pot® Pressure Cooker - Summer Edition. I love this little pot and without it, we'd live on a lot more cereal and take-out. Even on rainy days like today, when grilling isn't an option, the Instant Pot® rescued my dinner plans with Easy Burrito Bowls (recipe coming soon!) Without further ado, here are 10 reasons why I love my Instant Pot®.
1. The Instant Pot® saves time in the kitchen. I like to feed my family healthy dinners, but in the summer fast and easy rules the day. I would much rather be outside with my kids catching fireflies or going on an evening bike ride, not making dinner.
2. It saves money. Dried beans are CHEAP. I can make a perfect summer side dish - a huge batch of baked beans or vegetarian baked beans, and they are so much better than anything in a can.
3. My house stays cooler. Lighting the oven in the summer is a huge no-no. I can prepare a meal or components of a meal without making everyone miserable.
4. The Instant Pot® is versatile. I don't want to have to spend my evenings cleaning, when I can be hunkered down watching a family movie. One pot does it all. Sauté, slow cook, braise, stew, steam. I even make yogurt regularly. AMAZING.
5. Make summer parties and entertaining a breeze. I recently had to make a potato salad for a crowd. I was able to steam the potatoes while I chopped the veggies and made the dressing. It took me significantly less time to do it using my Instant Pot®.
6. The Instant Pot® takes the pressure off grilling. We have all been there - put some foil wrapped potatoes on the grill along with our steaks. The steaks are cooked to a beautiful medium-rare and the potatoes are rock hard. I have started "baking" my potatoes in the Instant Pot®. They are ready by the time my husband finishes grilling and are PERFECT every time.
7. We eat out less. Sure, we still go out to eat a couple of times a week because we are exhausted from summer fun, but now that we are a family of 5 (teens and pre-teen boys eat a lot), I would rather dine at home. Even though I am tired, I know I can make a quick dinner at the end of the day that won't take too much effort.
8. Set and forget it. My boys go to an outdoor camp and I need to make sure they have a hearty breakfast to keep them going. While the Instant Pot® makes Maple Blueberry Almond Steel Cut Oats, I pack bags, make lunches, apply sunscreen, and make sure my toddler isn't tearing apart the living room. Win-win.
9. It's ok not to defrost meat. Sometimes I have great intentions to pull something out of the freezer for dinner, but I forget. Setting meat out to defrost in a warm kitchen is a huge food safety no-no. I have placed frozen chicken in the Instant Pot® and it cooks with just a few added minutes.
10. It's so easy my kids can use it. I love having my boys help in the kitchen. I love having them make entire meals. They are pretty proficient with pots and the stove, but this is another skill that they have. Heck, even my kitchen-inept husband could probably use it. It leaves me time to go sit in the yard with my toddler while she splashes in her baby pool. FUN.
Hi, I am Julie and welcome to Instantly Delicious. I am so glad you are here to share in my adventures with using an Instant Pot ® to make easy, nutritious, and Instantly Delicious food.
Any/all of the links on instantlydelicious.com are affiliate links. This means that if you click on the link and buy certain items, I will receive a small commission. The price is the same for you, though! Thank you for your support.